Memoir Contest VOTING! - CLOSED Feb 15, 2021 23:55:46 GMT -6
Post by RAVENEYE on Feb 15, 2021 23:55:46 GMT -6
Critiquing and Voting for our Memoir Contest is CLOSED!
SCHEDULE: Voting closes March 1, 11:59 pm
WHERE: please proceed to the NONFICTION FORUM to check out the entries and begin critting.
Voting is open to all Legendfirians! Every contestant is REQUIRED to vote.
Unless excused for serious reasons, you must vote on all entries. You will receive 2 reminders of this requirement 1 week and again 3 days prior to the end of the voting period. If you do not vote on ALL entries, your entry will be disqualified.
Please follow these steps:
1. Judge each entry according to the following questions. Answer them as thoroughly as possible. Two sentences minimum per question. NOTE: voters who leave one-liner critiques to justify their vote will receive warnings according to our warning system. The purpose of commenting is to help writers improve their writing, so be thorough, please.
Technical writing elements: Which elements were technically sound in this entry? What still needs work? Consider things like spelling/punctuation/grammar, coherence, effectiveness of structure, etc.
Artistic writing elements: What appealed to me in this entry? What might benefit from revision? Consider things like how engaging the memoir is, effective word choice (prose style), universal appeal (theme), etc.
Prompt: How does this entry relate to the prompt?
2. After answering these questions, assign each area a numerical value: Rate each entry from 1 to 5, with five being the most favorable.
3. Add your scores and divide by 3 to get an average score. For example: 3.5 + 3 + 4 = 3.5 (The contest host will collect all the average scores for each entry and tally the averages to determine the winners.)
* You may vote for yourself to maintain your anonymity. This vote will not count toward the final score.
* All entries must have the same number of votes for each vote to count. For example, if over half the entries receive 7 votes, we will set the final vote requirement to 7 votes per entry.
* 100 Hard Honor Points for all entrants, upon submitting their entry
* An additional 200 Hard Honor Points for 1st Place winners, for a total of 300
* An additional 100 Hard Honor Points for all other place winners, for a total of 200
(Please note that contestants must edit their Honor Points themselves within their profile settings)
If you forgot to add your badge to your signature, here's the code for it: