CALLING FOR COMPENDIUM SUBMISSIONS! May 18, 2021 12:17:28 GMT -6 Caulder Melhaire and Aubrey like this
Post by RAVENEYE on May 18, 2021 12:17:28 GMT -6
So here we go, folks. Our first submission period is open. Look through all the entries you've submitted to LegendFire's first year of contests and 100 Word Weekly challenges, and decide which works you wish to include.
Let's get cracking! The summer months will be gone before we realize, and publication time will all too quickly be upon us. Don't wait till the last minute. Please read and follow the instructions in this post.
Find the contract download links in THIS POST, here in The Compendium forum. Signing and returning the contract to me is vital. We will not publish your work without it.
Please limit your works to:
* any and/or all of your winning contest entries
* any and/or all of your 100 Word Weekly winning entries
If your entries did not win, you may submit:
* up to 2 non-winning contest entries
* OR up to 2 non-winning 100 Word Weekly entries
* OR 1 non-winning contest entry and 1 non-winning 100 Word Weekly entry
If you have only 1 winning contest or 100 Word Weekly entry, you may submit :
* up to 2 more non-winning entries of any contest or 100 Word Weekly challenge.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORKS
Submit your revised story/poem/essay at any time until September 1 as an attachment in .doc or .docx or .rtf format to [email protected] (Please do not submit .pages files) Title your email "Compendium: Your LF Username"
If you are submitting more than one work, attaching them in the same email is fine (for now). We may change this in future, if it becomes confusing.
Amendment: Send your revised entries with your signed contract as soon as possible, so proofing and formatting can begin. Please don't wait till the last minute to send me your work. B/c that would mean a ridiculous amount of workload in September.
Amendment 2: If you cannot open/send files in any of the listed file formats, you may paste your works into the body of your email. Just make extra sure, your italics/underlines are intact. Separate each included work by obvious breaks, such as #####.
Please include an author bio (up to 200 words) in the body of your email, written in 3rd Person. You may include up to 3 links to personal websites, Facebook, Twitter, blog, Author Central page, etc. (A bio is OPTIONAL. You may certainly opt out of including a bio.)
Please make it as easy as possible on the formatting team. They already have their hands full. We will publish according to Smashwords' formatting preferences. This means the formatter will strip all formatting from your file and reapply clean formatting. This will be a time-consuming process. To facilitate the process, please do the following:
* Practice Standard Manuscript Format (not web format)
* 12 point font, Times New Roman or Courier or Ariel (nothing weird or fancy)
* plain old Body or Paragraph style, no Header styles for titles, etc. The formatter will do all that for you.
* embed your paragraph tabs (don't use the Tab button or space bar to begin paragraphs)
* align left (jagged right edge)
* use underline or underline AND italics, not just italics (to ensure the formatter sees and replaces all the italics you originally included in the original file)
* single space after periods
* no extra spaces between paragraphs
* no headers, footers, or page numbers
Following these steps will help the formatter immensely!
Artwork and photography will be commissioned. There are only two or three slots available per issue. If you would like to contribute artwork or photography to the Compendium, please contact me via email at [email protected] or here on the forum via Private Message. Link me to online samples of the type of art and photograph you would like to contribute. If I feel your art will fit with the tone of the Compendium, I will commission new pieces from you and send a contract to you at that point.
* commissioned pieces will reflect the past year's contest prompts
* art must be digital in format, preferable as a .PNG
* the art/photo must be of high pixel count and retain its clarity and quality when scaled down
* no scans of hand-drawn or hand-painted/crafted art, unless the scanned image is of exceptional quality
* you must own the copyright of your art or photographs
* watermarks must be small and non-invasive to the image
If you have questions or concerns about contest or artwork submissions, please post them below.
DOWNLOAD CONTRACT AT THIS LINK. At any time, either before you submit your works to me, or in the email with your works, send me a completed/signed contract as an attachment via email. (If you cannot open/send files in any of the available file formats, send me a Private Message or email requesting a copy of the contract in the body of an email. Once you've filled out the required portions, return the contract to me pasted into the body of your email.)
As mentioned above, there is a separate contract for artwork/photography. Please follow the instructions under the "ARTWORK" heading if you would like to contribute artwork or photos.